January 28, 2022
Dr. Eisler pioneered the expansion of human rights theory and action to include the majority of humanity: women and children. Her research provides a new perspective on our past, present, and possibilities for the future, including a new social and political agenda for building a more humane and environmentally sustainable world.
Eisler’s work has inspired the development of new metrics demonstrating the economic value of caring for people, starting in early childhood, and of caring for nature, which are now being updated into a Social Wealth Index by a team of globally-focused economists.
Riane Eisler's research proves:
- The opposite of patriarchy is not matriarchy. It is Partnership.
- Domination is not "just human nature," in fact, the pleasure centers of our brains light up more when we share and care than when we win and dominate.
- What's good for women is good for the world.
- The status of women can actually be a better predictor of quality of life than Gross Domestic Product.
- Modern economics ignores three essential life-sustaining sectors: the natural, volunteer community, and household economies.