The Caring and Connected Parenting: A Guide to Raising Connected Children is a short, accessible handbook to guide partnership parenting in the early years. Based on the latest neuroscience research, the guide contains sections for newborns to one year, one to two years, two to three years, and three to four years old. There is also a parents section and an additional section for parents who come from abusive backgrounds.
The Caring and Connected Parenting Guide gives new parents and parents from abusive backgrounds the tools necessary to connect with their children so they may develop lifelong healthy relationships. The pathway to peace—in the family and world—begins with the love and guidance of a child.
—Riane Eisler, President, Center for Partnership Studies; author, The Chalice and the Blade, Tomorrow’s Children, The Real Wealth of Nations, and Nurturing Our Humanity
Written by Spiritual Alliance to Stop Intimate Violence Executive Committee member Licia Rando, M.Ed., M.S.W., this acclaimed guide is based on the latest neuroscience research, and has been endorsed by Nobel Peace Prize Laureates Desmond Tutu and Betty Williams, pediatricians T. Berry Brazelton, M.D. and Laura Jana, M.D. and psychiatrist and author Daniel Siegel, M.D.
- Is based on the latest neuroscience research
- Focuses on building a parenting philosophy respecting the child and the caregiver(s)
- Encourages nurturance from both parents without gender stereotypes
- Helps parents identify depression and trauma histories affecting caregiving
- Gives parents calming techniques
- Offers tools for parents to learn to value their child’s thoughts and feelings
- Highlights the value of close relationships
- Supports the mutually respectful and caring relationships that are hallmarks of partnership
The Parenting guide is now available in easy-to-print sections by child’s age, to share with families. Download portions of the Parenting guide for specific age ranges:
Birth to 1 Year
Age 1 to 2 Years
Age 2 to 3 Years
Age 3 to 4 Years
Download the Introduction for Professionals, a five-page pdf document which highlights the important contributions of the Caring and Connected Parenting Guide. Grounded in neuroscience and the cultural transformation theory of partnership, Introduction for Professionals offers additional readings and resources, and includes testimonials from luminaries in the fields of parenting and peace.
The Science Behind the Guide
Download The Science Behind Caring and Connected Parenting: A Guide to Raising Connected Children by Licia Rando M.Ed.